Sunday, January 3, 2010

Milkcrate x HBO Collaboration

D.J. and fashion designer Aaron LaCrate's Milkcrate Athletics has team up with HBO to produce a line of shirts inspired by the hit show "The Wire". Being a die hard fan of the show, I was more than excited when I heard about the line. However, after viewing the line, I found myself feeling a little disappointed. I feel as though the tees lacked creativity especially given the range of depth that the show gave viewers, the development of the characters and the overall plot of the series. Aaron LaCrate's team describe the tees as "edgy, colorful and powerful". I would describe the tees as boring and unimaginative. This is one of the most uninspired lines that I have viewed. I believe that there was so much more that could have been done with this line. A show this great shouldn't be subjected to designs this awful. Remember, this is just my personal opinion. You can judge for yourself by checking out the line here. The line is currently for sale exclusively at Karmaloop.com


1 comment:

  1. I love the wire as well. the sucks! maybe they should have had snoop design the line. hopefully they will get it together.

    ReplyDelete